Praise be to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon the Messenger of Allah and his family, companions and followers.
As a result of the deteriorated political situation in Yemen that is represented in: a political deadlock, cease of dialogue among different political parts, expanding tribal, sectarian, and regional unrests such that people lost feeling safe in spite of the large security services, in addition to the absence or removal of fair and independent judiciary. For all these and other reasons, Al-Rashad platform is based upon specific elements:
Legislation and Legalization
Al-Rashad strives for establishing an advanced and developed country having originality and modernity, as well as a civilizational Islamic message that raises noble values and ethics. As Islam is both a religion and a state, we are committed to the following:
- Islam is the only source for legislation and the highest reference for the Yemeni State in all fields.
- Conserving Yemen’s Islamic and Arab identity and implanting it in the society and culture.
- Islamic values and ethics in all aspects of life as an integral part of the comprehensive developmental reform process.
- Making use of previous expertise, experiences, and human civilizations in sciences, systems and the like, provided that they are not contradicting with Islam rules.
- Building an institutional state on modern scientific basis and adopting expertise and efficiency as the criteria for holding positions; activating the principle of job rotation, imposing supremacy of law, and implementing the principle of reward and punishment.
- Emphasizing the separation of (legislative, executive and juridical) authorities
- Enhancing the country unity, resisting disunion and adopting a broad power local ruling.
- Developing the electoral process to enable the people to choose his rulers and representatives in the parliament and municipal councils, and hold them to accountable and dismiss them and to take part in political and socio-economic field via its representatives in different councils.
- Enhancing partnership between the state, on one hand, and society’s organizations, such as syndicates, unions and NGO’s, on the other hand.
- Advocating civil, political, and socio-economic rights and general freedoms subject to the Islamic Sharia.
- Launching broad media and cultural campaigns to spread political and legal awareness among all classes, especially young people, to involve them into decision making.
- Seeking for incorporating all the people into the process of state building on the bases of Islamic brotherhood, national belonging, and complete justice in rights and duties.
- Restoring Yemeni efficient people and enabling them to play their role in building the modern Yemeni state institutions; and cooperating with all political and social powers all over the country to realize the society’s interests and conserve its values.
- Applying the principle of Shura and peaceful alternation of power and preparing a proper atmosphere for fair elections and trying to get rid of the shortcomings of election process.
- Eliminating negative practices in state and society, including marginalization, exclusion, autocracy, arrogance, and monopoly.
- Striving for the independency of political decision expressing the people’s will through its elected bodies and liberating it from internal and external pressures.
- Benefiting from competitive political multiplicity in serving the society and Yemeni renaissance and preserving its interest and values.
- Realizing transparency in every state institution, activating the role of control bodies, building their capabilities to get rid of all kinds of administrative and financial corruption and remove corruptors from all state agencies.
- Seeking for a radical solution for Sa’da issue in peaceful and just means; discarding sectarianism and regionalism; supporting the wronged and remove the grievances of the governorate’s people; compensating the victims; imposing state sovereignty and law in Sa’da and neighborhood; and finding peaceful, radical, just, and satisfactory solutions for the Southern issue.
- Finding peaceful, radical, just, and satisfactory solutions for the Southern issue; and giving priority to dialogue for solving all problems and disputes.
Reforming the juridical authority by applying a package of policies including:
- Achieving the judiciary independence financially, administratively, judicially, and executively; making the Ministry of Justice a cooperating body among both judicial and executive authorities; and selecting the members of Judiciary Supreme Council via fair elections for judges.
- Establishing judges’ financial assets and securing their adequacy.
- Reconsidering the juridical system to smooth judicial procedures and secure speedy disposal of disputes.
- Qualifying judges and taking into consideration competence and fairness for appointing them; developing and increasing courts and judges to cope up with population increase; comprehensively revising all judicial institutions and clearing them from corruptors and corruption; and activating the role of judicial control and inspection.
- Reviewing the curricula of the Faculty of Sharia and Law and the High Institute of judiciary; and establishing many braches of the Institute for the purposes of fair judiciary.
Military and Security Forces
- Building and re-structuring Military and security forces on fiducial and national bases; deepening the loyalty to Allah then to the home land and the people away from partisan, regional, tribal, personal,… etc., loyalties, so that they can realize their goals of protecting the religion, the home land, the people and its interests and will.
- Developing their capabilities and increasing their efficacy in accordance with modern scientific criteria for optimizing their performance.
- Entering the field of military industrialization and affording scientific and financial abilities and manpower to realize the desired uprising in this field.
- Preventing the formation of security services outside the framework of the constitution and law.
- Increasing the salaries of the personnel and the retired to realize living sufficiency for them; applying promotions on the bases of military duty and scientific qualification; activating the role of military courts to hold accountable those who may abuse the resources and properties.
- The Budget
- Oil and Minerals
- Water, Agriculture and Animal and Marine Resources
1- Enacting laws and legislations leading to harmonizing the financial institution performance with the general economic plan; encouraging investment and saving; eliminating prohibited transactions; preventing capital flight; and finding a comprehensive control mechanism for the whole performance of financial institutions to guarantee transparency.
2 – Seeking for preventing usurious loans and requesting other countries and international institutions to wipe off previous debts.
3- Adopting Islamic financial transactions and encouraging society and investors to deal with legitimate forms, such as Murabaha, Salam (advance payment), speculation, tooling and other permissible transactions; The Central Bank should adopt and encourage that trend.
4- Using appropriations from the balances of public banks for supporting productive sectors especially the agricultural, fish and industrial ones; rapidly preparing the conditions for establishing a financial market working according to the Islamic Sharia; implementing the State general budget based upon modern scientific bases taking into account the difference between the capacities and aspirations such that the permanent deficiency in general budget is reduced and priority is given to basic services.
5- Developing resources; rationalizing costs and taking care of human being as the strategic axis of development.
- Enacting legislations protecting and enhancing national industry to meet all needs of local market and compete with imported goods.
- Making economic plans that secure establishing technical foundations for national industry over the medium and long term; activating and developing the performance of the Authority of Standardization and Quality Control.
- Adopting an industrial strategy to meet the people’s basic needs, integrate production sectors, support small and medium industries, provide facilities for this sector and making use of modern sciences and specialized research.
- Encouraging the export of national products and facilitating related procedures.
- Supervising and controlling foreign trade to prevent all aspects of monopoly and manipulation and putting an end to controlling citizens living.
- Encouraging establishing joint-stock companies and improving their capacities marketing performance.
- Implementing the principle of fair competition in trade for the sake of construction and development.
- Encouraging and rationalizing tourism and making it a major source of national income without prejudice to constants, values and homeland interests.
- Focusing on developing the meaningful tourist investment infrastructure.
- Providing useful tourist services and familiarizing tourists with Islam and our values and civilization.
- Adopting clear policies based upon studies and scientific research to increase discoveries of oil and mineral wealth.
- Considering national interests in contracting with foreign companies; reconsidering unfair contracts; and following the performance of the companies in order to:
- Achieving transparency in contracts and deals and announcing them in the media to inform Yemeni people of them.
- Maximizing returns for national income.
- Making the concerned ministry supervise production and marketing; and appointing the eligible cadres and authorize them.
- Binding the contracting companies to train oil and mineral institutes graduate on various equipment.
- Defining a ratio of net profits to develop environmental recompenses for affected regions.
- Binding companies investing in the field to allocate a ratio of net profits for environmental recompenses for the people of the affected regions.
- Encouraging petrochemical industries based on petroleum derivatives.
- Preparing investment atmosphere to realize the biggest revenue for national income and provide job opportunities and reduce unemployment and poverty.
- Vitalizing local investment in all aspects; providing all possible facilities and enacting the necessary legislations.
- Developing different environmental programs through making long term plans and cooperating among ministries and economic institutions to establish strategic projects forming the corner stone for national income.
- Attracting foreign investment to participate in vital projects that are difficult for local investors.
- Promoting investment in housing sector and allocating required lands.
- Accurately estimating of the country lands and real estates and optimally exploiting them.
- Paying attention to marine resource as a public revenue; preventing illegal works in Yemeni waters; and encouraging local investment in it.
- Providing farmer with all what he needs, including seeds, fertilizers, agricultural tools oil gas, and energy with proper prices.
- Expanding arable lands and providing the required subsidy for strategic crops to realize food security and self-sufficiency.
- Conserving livestock; confronting the risks of its diminishment and encouraging investment in it.
- Making water policies to encounter water crisis and rationalize water consumption and finding effective solutions such as establishment of dams to make use of raining.
- Using modern technology in agriculture and developing centers of scientific research and agricultural guidance.
- Motivating farmers to set up professional and cultural unions to contribute to creating production culture.
- Involving the state directly to organize marketing and exportation process and help farmers building cold storages to preserve their cultural products.
Yemeni social structure has suffered in the last years from severe disputes due to wrong policies aimed at impoverishing the people. This has led to destabilizing many social classes and put most of the people in bad social situation, resulting in deepening social problems, in addition to poor planning for projects and absence of control; thus, Al-Rashad vision for overcoming this is as follow:
- Taking the required measures to remove unemployment and expand productive sectors to make us of the increasing number of the unemployed and organize Yemeni work market on just, legal and deliberate bases.
- Fighting poverty and begging phenomenon; making plans for developing cities, rural areas, desert areas and encampments; improving social security and expanding its coverage for families living in miserable human condition under poverty line.
- Focusing on Yemeni youth issues; establishing associations and clubs that take care of physical and spiritual welfare and increase responsibility and creativity and urge young people to develop a balanced national and Islamic character and continue education to cope up with modern age.
- Paying attention to the incapable; providing them with the requirement of decent life and incorporate them into society; Paying special attention to old people; assuring the duty of the society toward this class that have a big social experience.
- Taking care of environment, rights of cleaners; and spreading the awareness of the importance of public and personal cleanliness.
- Assuring complete rights of Yemeni woman ensured by Sharia; resisting inequity against her; and providing secure schools, institutes and universities for women to enable them continue their education and take part in building new Yemen.
- Pre-planning and depending upon exchanging information among ministries related to constructing any service projects.
- Providing infrastructure, e.g., sewage, drinking water and electricity networks taking into account the continuous population growth.
- Building houses to reduce unreasonable house rents.
- Paying attention to family building for social stability; and rejecting violence that lead to social disintegration.
- Adopting a progressive salary system according to increasing living costs; and enacting laws that secure this relation and lead to price reduction.
- Expanding the establishment of electricity plants and networks to cover the increasing power demand.
- Repairing and expanding paved roads and binding executing companies to international standards.
- Surveying and protecting waqf (endowment) and encouraging people to revive them to help the Ministry of Endowment play its role.
- Building and maintaining mosques; qualifying their staff; and increasing their incentives to enable mosques do their public duty.
- Establishing an independent institution for collecting and disburse Zakat (almsgiving).
- Assuring syndicate and cooperation work to promote group work within the framework of Sharia and law.
Education and Scientific Research
Modern experiences have proven that the true and only beginning of progress is education and scientific research and that all developed countries have gone this way; Therefore, Al-Rashad gives education a priority in its platform and policies according to the following:
- Expanding school building in all cities and villages of Yemen according to the actual need of the country; paying attention to teachers and increasing their salaries; and qualifying all teaching staff in coordination with the Ministries of Education and Higher Education to hold courses in Yemen and abroad to cope up with scientific and technical advancements in modern world.
- Updating curricula in all stages for building a good generation in accordance with modern development.
- Adopting educational policy that meet the country’s developmental needs and the actual requirements.
- Encouraging scientific research and spreading its culture in training schools.
- Providing all requirements of modern education and constructing the foundation for learning; providing governmental scholarships for excellent students in the required fields.
- Expanding universities; assuring equal opportunities; and adopting the criteria of scientific qualifications for the appointment of the administration staff of colleges, universities and schools.
- Making a comprehensive national plan for illiteracy removal especially in the countryside and desert areas and among women.
- Subjecting all private education programs to official control especially foreign educational institutions.
- Providing completely free education in governmental universities, middle institutes and secondary schools.
- Supporting Quran and Sharia schools and officially approving their certificates as per their levels and specialization from the Ministry of Education.
- Approving Sharia specialization in the secondary level of the general education.
Culture and Media
- Calling to Allah; deepening believe in Him; spreading His religion; preserving virtue and fighting vice.
- Developing cultural organizations to publicize national culture and provide cultural means and services.
- Developing the media performance and promoting censorship role in the light of Yemeni people values.
- Adopting national and religious culture in cultural institutions and media as well as the principle of information circulation and developing its public uses.
- Paying attention to cultural, scientific, media, and journalistic competences and increasing material and moral incentives to use their production in the interest of society.
- Paying attention to Yemeni cultural production; encouraging committed literature and expanding national general libraries and publication and distribution houses.
The Yemeni have been, and still are, suffering from the deterioration of health sector. Epidemic rates have horribly increased. Treatment costs have become so high that citizen cannot have the minimum health care. Therefore, Al- Rashad considers the following procedures as necessary:
- Building big and specialized hospitals all over Yemen to provide health services that cope with population growth.
- Providing all facilities and incentives to attract efficient medical cadres from Yemen and abroad; providing instruments required to developing medical sector; constructing dispensaries and medical units that cover remote areas.
- Developing medical research centers and making them available for Yemeni medicine students.
- Expanding the medical insurance umbrella; providing medicine to the public with reasonable prices; and developing preventive medicine.
- Taking care of the staff of health sector in terms of salaries and qualification.
- Supervising hospitals and clinics and binding them to medical standards in terms of dealing with patients and emergency.
- Al-Rasah aims at a moderate and balanced foreign policy in the framework of Sharia believing in cooperation on the good and peace as a basis; human mercy as starting point, development and economic welfare as a goal. Its foreign policy is summarized as follows:
- Supporting Muslims’ issues and those of oppressed peoples, groups and individuals within the framework of Islamic teachings and in a way that is not contradicting with just and noble international norms.
- Adopting the Palestinian issue and other Arab issues in all international assemblies; supporting its people in resisting the occupation using all legitimate means; supporting justice regionally and internationally for decent living of peoples and delivering the clear message of Islam to all nations without any distortion.
- Respecting just treaties and conventions that raise noble values and mutual interests provided that they do not contradict Yemen’s Islamic and Arab identity or its national security.
- Establishing foreign relations with Islamic countries on brotherhood bases and with other countries on the bases of cooperation that realizes integration for mankind; Yemeni diplomacy should take care of Yemeni communities and activate their role in helping those communities and promoting useful communication among peoples.
- Supporting the independence of Yemini political decision to realize the country’s interest and express the free national will in accordance with the state’s identity and cultural belonging.
- Encouraging convergence and solidarity among Arab and Islamic countries in all aspects as a means for realizing the comprehensive Arabic and Islamic unity.